Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Hi everybody! Sorry it has been so long since my last post, I have been very busy. I recently switched my science classes from Physics (yuck) to Biology! It has been much more interesting, and even though I am only in the 2nd chapter I am already glad that I have been learning Greek and Latin. All those roots come in handy when I am trying to figure out what all the new vocab words mean. I also started memorizing Collossians, I know the first 6 verses pretty well so far, but it has been really cool because we have a Bible written in Greek, so I can kind of translate it into English. We just finished studying the Civil War in history, and right now are studying how different countries tried to gain independence. In math I am learning how to graph equations (very confusing) and how to write equations using two points on a graph. I have two different logic books I have been using lately. One that teaches the rules of logic, the other discusses common logic mistakes. Right now I am reading a book called the Scarlet Pimpernel  which is about the aristocrats. I am still very interested in birds, and would love to get any cool bird pictures you might have! I have been receiving lots of postcards thanks to postcrossings.com, which is a website where you get to send and receive postcards from all over the world.
Love, Kayla B. <3

No comments: