Monday, September 6, 2010

Day One Jello and Vectors

So if you didn't see our last post this is Kayla speaking. Today was day one and it went great. We started with bagels and tea then took first day of school pictures. Then we made a name tag then went on to a devotional. After that we moved on to logic, it was so confusing but it made my brain work so I loved it. I loved this part of a qoute out of one of my logic books "You can be as logical about griffins and basilisks as you can about sheep and pigs." After logic we started on my math lesson about Algebra it was so much fun. Then I learned some Greek and Latin roots during vocabulary. By then I was getting hyper so Mom and I took Cypres for a walk. When we came back we spent a while working on grammar. Then we were getting hungry so we made smoothies then practiced Latin. Probably the best part of today was science. I got to do two experiments. The first one was about Vectors, which is an object moving in a direction. For this experiment we got to use Jello!!!!! For my second experiment we got to send marbles down a ramp and I learned that the size of the marbles doesn't affect the time it takes them to travel down a ramp. After that I learned two new songs on the piano both using a new hand position. Then I sat down to eat lunch and read the book Kidnapped. So, we had a busy day but I loved every minute of it. Another thing I love is being able to study at whichever desk I want these are the places I studied today.

1 comment:

cbogie said...

What a great first day of school! I love the first day of school pic - glad you didn't forget to do that! :) Can't wait to hear and read more over the next months!!