Monday, September 6, 2010

Goal: "To Learn Something. New!"

I'm sure they won't all be as easy or fun as today, but it was nice to get off to a happy start!  Despite her excitement all summer I was a little bit afraid that after today she'd be ready to go back to "real school" and then I'd have to find some neighborhood kid to use this huge stack of books!  

I'm sure I'll be sharing more about them as we go since curriculum questions seem to be the most common question I've been asked since we announced this crazy plan, but right now we're off to cook dinner (which I've been informed I can now call 'Home Ec' and have a helper) so here are a few of my favorite moments from today~
  • Hearing   "Whoa that's confusing. I love it! My brain has to work!" while reading the Logic text.  Followed by, "Can I read something cool to you?"
  • Finding vocabulary words she didn't already know~and her plans to use them to confuse her brother and dad when they get home.
  • Being able to head out the door for a seven minute walk when we started getting fidgety.

No comments: